Sunday, May 29, 2005

Ballistic Stillness

Ballistic Stillness…May 29, 2005




I just wanted to see if this worked...its so pretty and I found it on another girls site. I was noticing something about the sites belonging to girls in China, they have all these pretty little pictures like this one on them instead of pictures of people or events. I wonder why that is. Different cultures facinate me.

Anyway, todays project is working on rough drafts of a logo for my best friend and his cousin, who have a blog called Ballistic Stillness. I have a ton of ideas that have been rolling around in my brain for the past couple days. Today I will brain storm some ideas and work on some rough drawings to scan in and send to them later. Some of my ideas deal with a lot of movement along with quiet stillness, for example a moth drawn to a light, or white noise. I dont know how Im going to draw something on flat paper that will represent movement, but I will definitely try. Maybe a close up of an eye with white noise inside of it. Or the reflection of something in the eye...The Lummox gave me an idea he was thinking of, with water rippling and a rocket ship reflected in one of the circles. I will definitely try and portray that for him.
Last night we had an amazing storm again. I turned off all the lights and sat on the porch to watch. I went back to a memory I had of my childhood, counting " one 1000, two 1000, three 1000..." between the lightning and thunder to tell if the storm was getting closer or going away. By the time we came inside it was right over us and loud! Cody decided he was a person too and got up on the bench with me and sat right beside me. I tried to get some pictures and they all turned out funny. The mosquito spray worked, and the lantern I bought helped too but the smell of it sort of seeps into every pour so last night at midnight I was in the shower to get it off of me. I re-counted my bites today and I have 19 itchy mosquito bites on my arms and legs! yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home